View all facilitiesGo to Calendar
St. John of Jerusalem Chapel
The chapel is the second oldest church structure remaining in Wantagh and the surrounding communities and is one of the few buildings still remaining from a time in which the Wantagh area was known as Jerusalem.
Built circa 1865, the building was originally the home of the German Methodist-Episcopal Mission. Today the structure remains virtually unchanged and stands amid the markers and greenery of a still-operating graveyard known as the St. John of Jerusalem Cemetery.