Newbridge Road Dog Park
The 14,025-square-foot facility is open to Town of Hempstead residents only. It encompasses separate small and large dog areas, with a chain-link fence around the perimeter of the canine facility. The grounds are comprised of a paw-friendly synthetic turf surface and include ramps, weave poles, hurdles, and other fun amenities. The park also has picnic tables, benches, shaded areas, and water fountains for both people and dogs. Hours are 8 am to dusk daily.
Newbridge Road Dog Park Rules
- Dog owners must be Town of Hempstead residents only.
- All dogs must have a current rabies vaccination tag and a current Town of Hempstead dog license visible.
- No aggressive dogs are permitted.
- Do not leave your dog unattended at any time.
- Gates shall remain closed and latched at all times, except when entering and exiting.
- Children age 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Do not allow children to climb on the equipment.
- Owners must clean up after their dog, and waste must be deposited in the designated bins.
- All dogs must be leashed when preparing to leave the dog park and outside the dog park at all times. Dogs must be unleashed upon safe entry into the dog park.
- Leashes cannot be longer than 6 feet in length.
- Females in heat, puppies under 4 months, or animals other than dogs are not permitted in the park.
- Prong, spike, choke collars and flex leashes are not permitted in the Dog Park.
- No food or drink in the dog park (except plastic water bottles and water bowls).
- No smoking.
- Report any complaints to the Newbridge Road Pool Building Administrative Office at 516-783-2500.