What happens if my passport is lost or stolen?

If your passport has been lost or stolen, a new application must be completed along with proof of citizenship and identity, and two new photographs. Form DS-64 "Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport" must also be completed and included with your passport application. All of these forms are available at the Town Clerk's office.

Show All Answers

1. I want to apply for a passport. Do I need an appointment?
2. How long is my passport valid for?
3. How long will it take to receive my passport?
4. What do I need to apply for a passport?
5. Where can I get my passport photographs taken?
6. Are there special requirements for children's passports?
7. What are acceptable forms of identification?
8. How do I renew my expired passport?
9. What are the requirements to renew my expired passport?
10. What happens if my passport is lost or stolen?
11. What are the fees for a passport?
12. I plan to travel outside the United States. How do I find out if a Travel Alert or Travel Warning has been issued for a specific country?