Nuisance Wildlife

Report a Problem

Hempstead Town biologists help manage the non-native invasive Canada goose population in the area. Residents are encouraged to contact the town's Department of Conservation and Waterways if they have an issue on their property or within their neighborhood, so biology staff can monitor the situation and assist when possible. 

Town residents and businesses who have a problem with wildlife on their property can contact the Town of Hempstead Department of Conservation and Waterways at 516-431-9200.  A biologist will respond to address the concern.  The Town does not have permits to handle rabies-vector species (i.e., raccoons, bats). 

Links & Resources

Canada Goose Issues

Tips Eliminate Human-Wildlife Conflicts

Wildlife Control & Trapping

Backyard Bird Info

Issues with Gulls 

Stop Feeding Waterfowl

Links to other Types of Conflicts related to Mammals, Birds, Insects