The Town of Hempstead Department of Parks and Recreation presents a wide variety of aquatics programs each season. The Aquatics division offers swimming and diving lessons, an organized swim team, and conducts lifeguard interviews. For information on respective programs, please call the Aquatics Division.
In order to register for a TOH class, you must have an online account. Go to the Hempstead Town Parks website to create an account, register, and pay for classes.
Registration for all aquatics classes will be held on a first-come, first-served basis. Class size will be limited for all programs. Fees for aquatics classes must be paid online with a major credit card or e-check.
Important Requirements for Aquatics Classes
- At all times a parent or guardian must accompany children who are younger than 10 years of age.
- For safety reasons, children must measure 46 inches in height for all Fall and Winter Classes.
- Proof of age and Hempstead Town residency are required for participation.
- The daily admission rate or a valid pool pass is required of all persons participating in the Learn to Swim and Dive classes.
- Class payment must be made online with a major credit card or e-check
- The town lifeguards reserve the right to limit class and team size.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Each person may only register his or her own family.
- Swim classes must have a minimum of six persons to be held.
- Registration is closed on the first day of class.
- No Refunds
- No Make up Classes