- Parks & Recreation
- About Us
- Rules & Regulations
Rules & Regulations
- Courses will be held subject to a minimum registration of 12 people (except swimming, which is 6 people). For information on programs or registrations call:
- Aquatics: 516-292-9000, ext. 7238
- Adult Athletics: 516-292-9000, ext. 7245
- Cultural Arts: 516-292-9000, ext. 7255
- Lacrosse Academy : 516-292-9000, ext. 7243
- Physical Fitness: 516-292-9000, ext. 7259
- Youth Programs/Clinics: 516-292-9000, ext. 7544
- Proof of Town residency is required for registration and participation in all events and pool memberships. A current (less than three months old) telephone bill, electric bill, deed, lease, or driver's license with two forms of identification will serve as proof.
- All registrations are online except where indicated.
- Reduced registration fees and pool admission discounts extended to:
- Children ages 5 to 9.
- Current Military Service Personnel with proper military identification.
- Senior Citizens (ages 60 and up); volunteer firefighters, volunteer ambulance corps members; auxiliary police officers.
- The Physically Challenged with a New York State Department of Parks and Recreation Access Pass or Nassau County Recreation and Parks Leisure Pass for the Physically Challenged.
- Veterans with a copy of honorable discharge certificate, DD Form 214, VA card, or membership card from a recognized veteran's organization.
- Children under 10 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian during program participation.
- For Cultural Arts - Adventure Tours and Performing Arts events (including lectures, children shows) - we encourage all patrons to purchase tickets in advance. No discounts for children's shows. Personal checks or money orders, payable to the Town of Hempstead, must include the name, address, and telephone number of the person who is purchasing the tickets. Mail to:
Town of Hempstead Department of Parks and Recreation: 200 North Franklin Street, Hempstead NY 11550.
Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your check.
- Programs will not be held on Town and certain religious holidays. Contact your course instructor for details.
- The Town reserves the right to change a schedule, registration or fees, and to cancel, reschedule or modify any course or program. The Town is not responsible for printing errors in this publication.
- Hours of facility operation are subject to change.
- No refunds for programs, performances, or admissions.
- A family pool membership will consist of a married couple and any unmarried, dependent children, up to age 21, residing in the same household. Full-time college students may be included in a family pool membership. Proof that the individual is a full-time student must be submitted. The Department will also consider, on a case-by-case basis, unmarried couples residing at the same address who can establish they are the functional equivalent of a traditional family unit.
Please read all rules and regulations carefully!